It’s about time I pop in and say hello! I just had to share the salad I’ve been eating about every other day since strawberries have hit the farmer’s market in full force. It’s really a combination of some of my favorite things in the world, all mixed together in one bowl. There’s just such a melange of flavors and textures that it’s really satisfying–the leafy greens, the crunch from the pecans, the bite of red onion, the sweetness of the strawberries, and the acid from the balsamic vinaigrette just make this a delicious lunch.
Spring Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Grilled Chicken
Serves 2 as a small lunch dish
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 6-8 ounces grilled or broiled chicken breast, shredded
- 1/4 of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 ounces broken pecan halves (about a large handful)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (or you can use your favorite) to taste
Just add all of those ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss until the vinaigrette is evenly distributed.
Happy Spring, everybody!