It’s been a busy few months (May is always one of my craziest months), but now that Kiddo is out of school, I can finally take a deep breath and… get back into the kitchen. What better to do than jump in and do several days of baking? Trust me, it’s for a good cause: charity! The adorable ladies of Run Around Betties are hosting a bake sale on Sunday, June 26th with all the proceeds going Share Our Strength which goes to ending childhood hunger in America.
And if you’ve been around for a while, you know I love a good excuse to get my sugar on.
I bet you want to know what put together for the sale, don’t you?
Starting from the left, going clockwise:
- Chocolate Bundt Cake, soaked in Firelit Coffee Liqueur, with Firelit Chocolate Glaze
- Carrot-Pecan Bundt Cake, with Raisins & Dates, with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Oatmeal “Breakfast” Cookies (packed with lots of dried fruit, nuts and seeds)
- Maker’s Mark Caramel Apple Pies
- Banana Nut Omega-3 Bread (with walnuts, flax seed meal and spiced with cardamom)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Homemade Strawberry Jam